Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Milestone

I should have a new review up tomorrow. I'll leave you in suspense as to which book it will cover. In the meantime though, I just have to indulge in some shameless self-promotion/bragging/squee-ing.

The July 2008 issue of New York Review of Science Fiction contains an article I wrote! For the first time, something I wrote all by my lonesome is appearing in ink-on-dead-tree form! (As opposed to contributing to a con report in Locus.) It's a version on my ICFA paper from 2007. It looks at Charles Stross' Glasshouse and Greg Egan's Schild's Ladder and discusses how they approach post-human gender.

2008 is turning out to be a deliriously wonderful year for me, at least in terms of sf/f reviewing, what with the Masterclass, getting into print, and being assigned to 2 panels at Worldcon. Whoa. Either the awesomeness will continue and I'll get my dream job by October, or the crash will be mighty and humiliating (or things will level off, as they tend to, but that's not so exciting now, is it?) Time will tell.

3 comments:

RobB said...

Congratulations Karen, that is really cool!

Karen Burnham said...

RobB - Thanks! Good to see you here!

Unknown said...

Many congrats, Karen. Long may it continue.