So there we were in the audience of a panel that started at 10pm. We were already a little less than perfectly sober, and my husband and I started playing 'Panel Bingo.' I tweeted some snippet, and a couple folks said they'd like to see that for realz. I couldn't believe that it didn't already exist, but a cursory Google search didn't bring up anything quite like what I had in mind. So here is what I've got so far. As you can see, there are still empty spaces--please help fill them! We've all been there, we've all got various panel pet peeves--here's the place to share. Thanks!
If the image isn't coming through well on your browser, here's what I've got so far:
- [Center] "This is less of a question, more of a comment"
- "Well, actually..."
- Audience member with more expertise than panelists
- Ranting Audience member
- Author with fort made from own books
- Ranting Panelist
- Shameless name-dropping
- Question that takes more than 1 minute to ask
- Panelist interrupting other panelist
- "I don't know why I'm on this panel..."
- Author answering question with reference to own books
- Totally unqualified panelist
- "I'd like to ask the panelists to introduce themselves..."
- Audience member who thinks they have more expertise than the panelists